Finding Hostels and Cheap Hotels in Norway
Norway truly is a destination which everyone should experience at least once in a lifetime and the essence of the appeal lies in the fact that it is one of the world’s most beautiful countries. Some of the essential things you must do and see while in Norway are the Geirangerfjord, Hurtigruten coastal ferry, Jotunheimen National Park, the Pulpit Rock, and much more. The cities where you absolutely must stay over are Oslo and Bergen amongst many others and following is a guide to some cheap hotels and hostels in Norway.
Hostels in Oslo
• Anker Hostel - $111.28 for a single room, $55.64 per person sharing, $47,97 four people sharing, $42,21 for six people sharing and only $40.29 for an eight bed mixed dorm. Only ten minutes away from the heart of the city, with easy access to Central station with a taxirank, bus and tram stops right outside the hostel.
• Oslo Hostel Apartments - $62.36 for a twin bed with shared bathroom and $81.54 for a twin bed with ensuite bathroom. Four bed and six bed apartments are also available at $57.56 respectively. Only two minutes away from the metro station, making access to the city and surrounding areas simple and easy.
• Sentrum Pensjonat & Hostel – $32.97 for a single bed in a mixed dormitory and located only 300 metres from the Oslo Central Station. A shared television lounge and kitchen, plus free Wi-Fi for guests.
The Olympiatoppen Sportshotell and the Oslo Youth Hostel Haraldsheim are amongst the other budget hostels in Oslo with more or less the same price range as the above mentioned hostels.
Cheap Hotels in Oslo
• The Anker Hotel - $163 per person, per night and $100.73 per person sharing a double room. Three people or more sharing will pay $79.94 per night for a larger suite and all their rooms are ensuite.
• Oslo Budget Hotel, with the only downside that it does not have a 24-hour reception. The price range per night however makes it worth it from $40 - $80 depending on people and room sizes.
• Perminalen Hotel –$75.09 per person, per night in the heart of Oslo.
Hostels in Bergen
• Intermission Hostel - $32.97 per person, per night and only seven minutes’ walk from the town center.
• Marken Gjestehus - $37.41 per person, per night ideally situated in central Bergen.
• Hi Montana Youth Hostel - $50.37 per person, per night and includes a healthy breakfast, parking facilities and wireless internet access.
Cheap Hotels in Bergen
• Bergen Travel Hotel – $157.24 per person, per night and close to the Bergen Museum.
• Thron Hotel Rosenkrantz – $176.79 per person, per night and features complimentary Internet access, minibars and cable television.
• Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport – $165.49 is situated close to the airport and recreational amenities include sauna and spa tubs.
Hotel groups such as Choice, Rica, Scandia and Thon often has special deals and rates on accommodation around $61.07, so before you book, make sure you checked on any special deals from the usually mid-priced hotels.