London - Best Time and Place To Visit
The city of London in located on River Thames. London is famous for its arts and commerce, education, fashion, finance and professional services, healthcare, research and development, tourism and transport. It is known as the world’s largest financial centre. It has the fifth largest GDP in the world. London Heathrow is the world’s busiest airport because it has the maximum number of international visitors. London has mixed culture with people from different religions. Also, more than 300 languages are spoken here. London can be visited at anytime of the year as all London attractions remain mostly open all year round.
Things to do in London are the following:
1. London Bridge: London Bridge is over River Thames, which connects the city of London and Southwark in central London. London Bridge is more than a hundred years old. The bridge catches the attention of every visitor. One can see a whole lot of tourists near this bridge. London Bridge is on the minds of everyone.
2. The House of Parliament: The House of Parliament is also known as the Palace of Westminster. It is the meeting place of the two houses of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. The oldest part of The House of Parliament is Westminster Hall which was made in 1907.
3. Buckingham Palace: Buckingham Palace is yet another tourist attraction in London. Buckingham Palace is popularly known as the ‘Buck House’. Buckingham Palace is the queen’s official and royal home in London. It has also been the official residence of Britain’s Monarchy since 1837. Queen Victoria was the first monarch to live there. When the queen is at home, one can see her royal flag pole on top of Buckingham Palace. Every morning, The Changing of The Guard ceremony takes place in the forecourt. The palace has around 600 rooms including 19 state rooms, 52 guest bedrooms, 78 bathrooms, 92 offices and a swimming pool. About 400 people work at the palace. The Changing of Guards ceremony is a must watch.
4. The London Eye: The London is near the waterloo station and is a big tourist attraction site. It was the first biggest observation wheel in the world. It has 32 sealed and air-conditioned capsules. Each capsule can hold 25 passengers with seating arrangement too. All passengers can freely walk inside the capsule. The wheel does not wait for the passengers to board. It keeps on moving but at a very slow pace. It is very easy to board it as it is moving. It takes around 30 minutes to complete one round. It gives a splendid view of London. It opens at 10:00 am in the morning and closes at 08:00 pm in the evening.
5. Trafalgar Square: Trafalgar Square is also among the major tourist attractions in central London. At the centre of Trafalgar Square is the Nelson’s Column with four lions at its base. This Square has plenty of statues and sculptures. Trafalgar Square is also used for political and community gatherings.